Changing scientific practice
Science is rapidly moving towards more open, transparent practice, posing new questions and challenges. This knowledge base is designed to serve as a practical, hands-on introduction as well as a reference for budding and veteran open scientists.
Bringing about change
Educating ourselves and others
The Open Science Community
- How can I find out what's going on in the open science world?
- Which projects is the community working on?
- How can I contribute to this resource?
Recognizing open practices
- Why preregister research?
- How can I preregister a study?
- Which level of detail is appropriate in a preregistration?
- Can I change my plans after preregistration?
- How can I use preregistration in class?
Sharing scientific resources
- What are the best practices around open data?
- Where can I upload data and materials?
- How can I preserve participants' privacy?
- What is a preprint, and why should I publish one?
- Where can I find or publish preprints?
- How can I engage with preprints?
- Can I share my papers openly after publication?
- What can I do as a reviewer to encourage open science?
- What is open access?